STATE TEACHERS AWARD
The State Award to teachers was instituted with the objective of raising the prestige of teachers and giving public recognition for meritorious service of outstanding teachers working in Government/Government Aided/Recognized un-aided/MCD/NDMC and Delhi Cantonment Board Schools. In all, there are 59 awards for teachers and one for Librarian. Out of these 60 awards, 12 are reserved for MCD, 2 for NDMC and one for Delhi Cantonment Board. Each award carries a certificate of merit, cash award of Rs.10000/-, a silver medal and a shawl. These awards are given every year on 5 th September to commemorate the birthday of late Dr.S.Radha Krishnan, former President of India and a great teacher.
The scheme of Indira Award was introduced in the year 1999-2000 in the name of Late Smt. Indira Gandhi, former Prime Minister of India. It is given on 19th November of every year to the Best Schools of State/District/Zonal/RPVV Zonal Best Teacher and Best Students of classes-X & XII. The details of awards to be given under this scheme are approved herein below:-
Zonal Best Teacher: - A cash award of Rs.11,000/- (Rupees Eleven thousand only), silver medal & certificate are given to 28 Zonal Best Teachers and 01 Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya.
NATIONAL AWARD TO TEACHERS
The Government of India, MHRD (Department of School Education & Literacy) implements a scheme of ‘National Award to Teachers’ under which teachers from all over the country are selected for National Awards. The Scheme of National Awards to Teachers was started in the year 1958 € 59 with the object of raising the prestige of teachers and giving public recognition to the meritorious services of outstanding teachers working in Primary, Middle and Higher Secondary Schools. Each award carries with it a certificate of merit, a cash award money of Rs.25,000/- (Rupees twenty five thousand only) and silver medal. Delhi has a quota of four National Award to teachers, two for Primary and two for Secondary category. In accordance with the prescribed procedure, the nominations for National Award to teachers are invited from Education Department of Govt. of NCT of Delhi, MCD, NDMC & Delhi Cantonment Board.
GOVERNMENT OF NATIONAL CAPITAL TERRITORY OF DELHI
DIRECTORATE OF EDUCATION: WELFARE BRANCH
PATRACHAR VIDYALAYA, TIMARPUR: NEW DELHI
NO. F.DE.18-2(II)/Plg./2013/3032-38 Dated : 30 September, 2013
Sub: Financial Assistance under the Scheme of ‘Professional Education of Children of School Teachers’ – Application for the academic year 2012-13.
I am directed to forward herewith a copy of letter No. F6-3/2013-NFTW. Dated 8/7/2013 (Annexure-1) received from Ministry of Human Resources Development, Govt. of India, Deptt. Of School Education and Literacy, Shastri Bhawan on the subject cited above for further circulation to all schools/teaching staff falling under your Jurisdiction.
The applications should be completed in all manners as guidelines given by MHRD (at Annexure – 1). The complete application will be received in Welfare Branch, Room No. 5, Patrachar Building, Timarpur, Delhi from 01/10/13 to 14/10/13 between 11 am to 3 pm on all working days.
The applicant should carefully read the following instructions before filling up the application:-
- The Scheme is applicable to school teachers only.
- Financial assistance will be granted to children of school teachers pursuing professional/diploma courses in the fields of engineering; medicine and management (please see details at annexure-3).
- All the column of application form should be filled in & signed by the teacher. The application should also have the signature and official seal of the Head of the institution where the teacher is working.
- The actual fee paid should be clearly indicated in column 13 of the application. Only original cash receipts of fee for academic year 2012-13 are to be enclosed otherwise application will be rejected. The actual fee should be bifurcated as Tuition Fee, Library fee, Laboratory Charges, Mess Charges and Hostel fees etc.
- A certificate from the college/institute in which the student is studying should be attached with application.
- Financial assistance is granted for one academic year only
- No financial assistance is granted to ward/student who has failed. Further, no assistance is granted during the period of internship.
- Not more than one application from a teacher will be accepted.
- Application is to write full school address/residential address along with telephone no.
- All teachers are requested to submit only filled application form with all relevant documents (complete in all respect) latest by 14 Oct., 2013, Monday 3 p.m.
- NO APPLICATION WILL BE ENTERTAINED AFTER THE EXPIRY OF STIPULTATED DATE & TIME.
- NO DOCUMENT/S WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
- The proforma along with guidelines has also been placed at the website of Education Department, Govt. of NCT of Delhi at www.edudel.nic.in.
Sd/- DDE (WELFARE)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD ANNEXURE 1
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
For more detail login : www.edudel.nic.in
For more detail login : www.edudel.nic.in